Help Kaibosh find a new home
Following the November 14, 2016 earthquake, Kaibosh’s Wellington City branch was evacuated. We were without a base for around four months and eventually secured a year-long sublease in Mount Cook. This will be expiring at the end of January 2018 so we are currently searching for a new premises for our next (and hopefully forever) home.
Below is what we’re looking for – we’d love to hear of any leads.
- Location: ideally CBD to Newtown, with Wellington suburbs also a possibility.
- 50 square metres of clear space for food sorting area.
- An additional 50+ square metres of clear space to install a walk-in chiller room, free-standing chillers and chest freezers.
- On-site but separate office space for at least 5 workspaces.
- 3 x car parks.
- Independent access – 24 hours, 7 days.
- Garage / loading bay with direct access to food sorting area (suitable for trolleys).
- Well-lit, safe entrance (for after-hours volunteers).
- Available in January 2018
Nice to have
- Natural light.
- Additional car parks.
- Option for keypad lock at main entrance.
- Lino or concrete flooring in food sorting and storage areas.
- Existing shelving and storage space.
- Existing walk-in chiller room.
- Commercial sink for cleaning crates.
- On-site but separate meeting room (ideally large enough for 12-seater board table).
- Fast, reliable internet.
- Space to store pallets of food and operate forklifts.
- Single-storey or low-rise building.
If you know of any suitable properties, please contact Matt on email@example.com