Ad hoc food donations
At Kaibosh we do take ad hoc food donations, but can only accept certain types of food.
What foods do we rescue?
- Fresh produce
- Frozen or fresh meat (excluding raw chicken)
- Dairy products, including milk
- Frozen foods
- Pre-packaged foods or meals in unopened, original packaging
- Catered food that has not been served
- Sandwiches, bread and bakery products
- Non-alcoholic beverages
What food don’t we rescue?
- Food that is no longer fit for human consumption due to decay or spoiling
- Food that is past its ‘Use By’ or ‘Expiry’ date
- Cooked food not prepared in a commercial kitchen
- Catered food that has been served (on a buffet or similar)
- Shellfish and other high risk seafood
- Raw chicken
- Food in damaged or open packaging which may compromise food safety
- Foods or beverages containing alcohol
- General rubbish e.g. cut scraps, vegetable peelings
- Please note that we have a 10kg minimum for food pick-ups. Drop-offs of smaller amounts of food are accepted during business hours.
- Kaibosh does not accept any food past its ‘Use By’ or ‘Expiry’ date, or food that is no longer fit for human consumption.
- Kaibosh is unable to guarantee availability for ad hoc food pick-ups and reserves the right to decline any food donation.
If the food you’d like to donate is outside of what we can rescue, please contact these organisations:
- Wellington Night Shelter
Phone: 04 385 9546
Street Address: 304 Taranaki Street, Mount Cook, Wellington 6011
Wellington Night Shelter can accept food donations on any day of the year between 5.30 and 9.00pm without prior contact. If you’d like to donate food outside of these times, please call them first.
- Suzanne Aubert Compassion Centre Soup Kitchen
Phone: 04 385 9299
Street Address: 132 Tory St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011
Suzanne Aubert Compassion Centre Soup Kitchen can accept food donations from Monday to Saturday between 7.30am and 6.00pm, but please call them first. Please note they are closed on Sundays and public holidays. More information is available on their website.